The Nova Gorica Institute of Adult Education is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2019. As we are flying over ever new horizons, a new slogan was chosen to reflect upon the institutions positive energy: “The bright side of learning”. LUNG Adult Education centre is a modern educational centre with almost 60 years of experience in adult education. At the moment there are 13 employees and about 80 teachers on contract working for LUNG. About 5000 people take part in education and counselling at LUNG each year.
LUNG’s wide spectrum of offers is divided into: education (elementary school for adults, vocational and high school programs, languages (general language courses, individual courses, custom courses), self-improvement (computer and accounting courses, national vocational qualifications), leisure programs, learning-support projects (signing up to various local, national and international project open calls). LUNG houses Northern Primorska’s Multigenerational Centre – a Lifelong learning Centre for different generations and people from all walks of life, Consulting Centre for Adults in Education – ISIO, Centre for information and vocational counselling, Lifelong learning points, Knowledge Exchange and the Centre for self-study. We are also licensed to carry out Lifelong career consulting workshops for the unemployed of our region and to provide reach-out counselling and support to employees of different companies in the area. We have created an open learning environment, increased access to learning, education, and advice about the various possibilities and opportunities in education. Due to the nature of our work we have strong connections to various educational institutons in the area and on national level.
Positive energy potion
LUNG offers a variety of educational activities and services, arranged into 5 different fields. Each category offers participants, who are thirsty for knowledge, a different potion.
Knowledge Potion (Acquisition of Education )
- at LUNG you have the chance to attend primary/elementary school for adults (free), as well as a range of vocational and secondary/high school programmes.
Communication Potion (Languages)
- you can “babble away” in our general language courses, courses in pairs, individual courses, or ones tailored to your needs. We offer them in English, French, Croatian, Italian, German, Russian, Serbian, Spanish and, of course, Slovene. If asked we can also organise courses for other European and world languages such as Czech, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, etc. The high number of participants from local companies and businesses vouch for us as a dependable source of quality and flexibility of services.
Wisdom Potion (Improvement)
- skills such as computer literacy, accountancy, bookkeeping, touch typing etc. … can be improved in our classes. One can also gain or validate a skill set with a NPK (national professional qualification).
Calming Potion (Leisure Time)
- various academic clubs, hobby courses and the notable Lifelong Learning Week are all part of LUNG’s leisure time activities.
- our fifth field of offered activities includes various projects aimed at supporting and helping our participants with learning.
Quality Education for Adults
The Slovenian Institute for Adult Education developed the Offering Quality Education to Adults (OQEA) project as an incentive to develop quality in adult education so that they could give advice to different educational organisations (e.g. LUNG) regarding self-evaluation of their quality and searching for paths towards further development.
The ongoing courses and the satisfaction of the participants are monitored in various ways. Their opinions, praise and suggestions are valuable guidance for our future undertakings. We understand the importance of investing in the education of employees and co-workers. This is the only way to maintain a high level of quality educational services. Activities for improving quality are a part of our daily pursuits, which is confirmed by the licence to use the green POKI – OQEA logo in all our publications. The green OQEA logo can only be used by organisations who have gained the right to use it – it represents an organisation that systematically cares about its quality and the quality of its services in adult education